Below you will find the information you need to finalize your presentations and your time here in Vancouver.
Presenters are strongly encouraging to upload presentations to the Speaker Ready Room prior your session.
As a reminder, VHS videos, 35 mm slides, overhead projection (transparencies etc.) will not be available.
- Ensure your slides are 16:9 ratio
- All slide sets must have a disclosure slide at the start (download the disclosure slide template here)
- Both PowerPoint and Keynote slide types will be accepted
- If you are using a Keynote presentation/Mac please clarify that for us (PowerPoint slides can perform differently between Mac and PC)
- Use a common font type (such as Arial, Veranda, etc.) as special fonts might not be available
- Insert pictures as JPG (not TIF or PNG) in order to keep image quality
- Insert videos as AVI or WMV (not MOV) as QuickTime and other file types tend to run errors
- Always bring a copy of your slide set with you on a memory stick!
The Speaker Service Desk and Ready Room is located in Room 108, Level 1, VCC West. An audio-visual technician will be available to assist with your presentation. Speakers are asked to visit the Speaker Ready Room the day before their scheduled presentation or at minimum 3 hours in advance of their scheduled session start time.
The Speaker Service Desk and Ready Room will be open to assist you at the following times:
|August 16||Tuesday||9:00 - 17:00|
|August 17||Wednesday||7:00 - 17:30|
|August 18||Thursday||7:00 - 16:00|
|August 19||Friday||7:00 - 16:00|
|August 20||Saturday||7:00 - 16:00|
|August 21||Sunday||7:00 - 16:00|
|August 22||Monday||7:00 - 12:00|
Concurrent & Plenary Sessions
- 2 speakers: 35-40 minutes lecture for each Speaker. 10-20 minutes of questions /discussion at the end for all 2 speakers
- 3 speakers: 25 minutes lecture for each Speaker. 15 minutes of questions /discussion at the end for all 3 speakers
- For “special cases” of more than 3 speakers: The session organizer is usually the Moderator for this session, so there should be prior communication with the moderator about the session flow.
Meet the Expert Sessions
There will be either one or two speakers for the Meet the Expert Sessions. Speaking time will be divided among the speakers upon communication with the Moderator(s)
Abstract - Oral Presentations
Each participant is allotted 15 minutes (10 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions). The abstract platform session taking place on August 18th, 11:00hrs will have the initial presentation of the winner of the Dogramaci award for will have 30 minutes total. Copies of abstracts will be given to moderators well in advance.
In an effort to introduce new technologies in the IPA Congresses, we are pleased to introduce e-Poster Symposia at IPA2016. e-Poster symposia will also be in Exhibit Hall B of the Vancouver Convention Centre, West building. Sessions and times follow:
|August 18||12:45 - 13:45||Child Public Health, Health Systems
Education and Training
|August 19||12:45 - 13:45||Adolescent Medicine
Child Health and Survival: Global Health
Mental Heath - Development
|August 20||12:45 - 13:45||General Pediatrics
e-Poster symposia will allow each presenter 6 minutes to present his/her poster and 4 minutes for questions. Selected e-Poster authors should be at the e-Poster stations from 12:45 to 13:45 on their assigned date.
Abstract - poster presentations
The Poster Area is located at Exhibit Hall B in the Vancouver Convention Centre, West Building. Poster sessions and times are as follows:
|August 18||10:00 - 16:00||Neonatology
Education and Training
Nutrition, Gastroenterology and Metabolism
|August 19||10:00 - 16:00||Adolescent medicine Development
Genetics, Congenital Anomalies
|August 20||10:00 - 16:00||Child Health and Survival: Global health
Child Public Health, Health Systems
|August 21||10:00 - 16:00||Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology
Endocrinology, Diabetes, Obesity
Emergency Medicine and Critical Care
Hematology and Oncology
History of medicine
- Landscape orientation - A0 size - 118.9cm (width) x 84.1cm (height) or 46.8inches (width) x 33.1inches (height)
- Allocate the top of the poster for title and authors (as stated on the submitted abstract)
- Text, illustrations, etc. should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet)
- Limited pins needed for affixing the poster will be provided to presenters by the congress secretariat on site
Authors are requested to mount and dismount their posters according to the below time schedule:
Dismounting Time: 16:00-18:00
Poster authors are requested to stand by their poster during lunch breaks from 12:30 until 14:00 on their assigned date in order to be present for discussions and answer any questions related to their poster.
Need to print your poster in Vancouver?
Colour Time Printing
+1 604 682 8307
150 - 1066 West Hastings Street
Vancouver BC V6E 3X1 Canada