Important dates & deadlines
|Abstracts Submission||NOW CLOSED|
|Abstracts Submission Deadline||January 29, 2016|
|Abstract Notifications to Authors||April 2016|
Abstracts Submission is now CLOSED. After reviewed by abstract review committee, selected abstract authors will be notified in April 2016.
For any problem concerning the online submission, do not hesitate to contract:
IPA 2016 Congress Secretariat
Abstracts submitted via email or by fax WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Review the abstract (Abstract Reviewer only)
If you are a member of the IPA 2016 Abstract Review Committee, please click here to access the abstracts you been assigned.
Manage Your Abstract (Abstract Submitter only)
For current abstract submmiter, if you like to adjust or edit your submission, please click here.
TRAVEL ASSISTANCE GRANT
The IPA 2016 Organizing Committee has confirmed the recipients of the Travel Assistance Grants, kindly offered through the generosity of Tourism Vancouver. All abstract applicants from low or low-middle income countries were eligible for grants, however, the grants were awarded based on the merit of the abstract submitted.
Travel Assistance Grant includes:
Award recipients are reminded to register to attend the full congress, by May 31, selecting the registration the best suits the needs (nurse, student etc). They must also contact the abstracts team to accept their invitation. If the registration has not been completed by May 31, the grant will automatically pass to another presenter.
- Deadline for abstracts submission is extended to January 29th, 2016. Abstracts submitted after this date will not be accepted.
- Presenting author must be registered in order for his/her abstract to be included in the program and abstracts CD.
- There are no restrictions on the number of abstracts submitted.
- Every accepted abstract, has to be matched with one registration. Abstracts for which there will be no corresponding registration will not be included in the final program and abstracts CD.
- Submitted abstracts will be reviewed according to the Abstract Reviewing Committee’s rulings. The author acting as contact person will be informed on the status of the submitted abstract (acceptance - rejection), its presentation type and then been asked to complete the registration process. Abstracts for which registration process will not be completed by May 31st, 2016 will be automatically withdrawn.
abstracts submission GUIDELINES
All abstracts will be reproduced in the Abstracts CD, exactly in the form you submitted. All authors are kindly requested to follow below guidelines while submitting your abstracts.
Type of presentation
Selected abstracts will be presented as:
Please bear in mind that the final type of presentation, as well as the thematic stream, will be decided by the Scientific Committee President and the President of the Congress, after evaluation by the Abstract Reviewing Committee.
1. Abstract title: must be in UPPER CASE and is limited to 200 characters (spaces included)
3. Presentation type preference (poster presentation / oral presentation). Kindly note that the final type of presentation will be decided by the Scientific Committee President and the President of the Congress, after evaluation by the Abstract Reviewing Committee
4. Please enter the keywords you would like to associate to your abstract.
5. Author names: Please enter full author name. The presenting author’s name should be in bold.
6. Affiliation details of all authors: Affiliation details should be in the following format:
7. Abstract text/length should be limited to 1600 characters (spaces included) including acknowledgements (fewer if a figure is included in the abstract).
8. Abstract structure: Abstracts should be as informative as possible and must use the following structured format:
- Background and aims
- A copy of your abstract will be sent to your e-mail address after submission.
9. Table or graph which you wish to include in the abstract. Images should be submitted in jpg, gif or png format and resolution up to 150dpi. The maximum file size of each graph is 20MB.Please note that these may be resized to fit the final CD format.
10. After finishing you can preview your abstract, as a word or pdf document. To confirm your submission please use the "Confirm Submission" button on the bottom of the page.
11. The preview on the left shows your abstract at his actual stage.
12. The abstract can be saved (as a draft) and finalized at a later stage (till the submission deadline).
13. Your abstract can only be submitted if the system check for correctness was successful.
Abstract Thematic Categories
The IPA 2016 Congress thematic categories for submitting an abstract are as follows:
ADO - Adolescent medicine